SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   Misc 2-stroke (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   homelite chainsaw (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=1207)

Slamdry 04-22-2008 11:10 AM

homelite chainsaw

anyone know how to clean the auto bar oiler on a small homelite chainsaw???
mine doesnt seem to be oiling anymore and i think its just clogged but not sure.:bang:

Ibreakstuff 04-22-2008 11:13 AM

HA HA FUCKERS! I knew someone would use this part of the site.

Triple650indy 04-22-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 16453)
HA HA FUCKERS! I knew someone would use this part of the site.

:mr:

Slamdry 04-22-2008 02:10 PM

:tjacked:

thanks for the help assholes...:bang:

LOL::mr:

Ibreakstuff 04-22-2008 02:28 PM

Check the muffler bearings.

RipnChick 04-22-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 16479)
Check the muffler bearings.

LMFAO!!

:mr:

Now who's making a mockery of this section?

On the XL model series units the oiler is actuated by way of crankcase pressure. You will have a fitting on the crankcase (in the vicinity of the carburetor) which in turn goes to the oil reservoir and pressurizes the tank. There is a small duckbill valve pressed into the tank that allows air pressure in but not out. This pressure feeds oil to the bar. There are two rubber lines involved to move the air from the engine and oil to the bar. This is a very lousy set-up and is notorious for failure. Areas to check are: duckbill valve, oil tank cap (if it leaks it won't seal and not pressurize the tank), supply and feed lines colapsed/plugged or in a worst case a leakage of the intake system whereas it can't possibly create the needed pressure due to crankcase leakage (seal(s), gasket(s), etc. related to the crankcase).

Slamdry 04-22-2008 03:08 PM

^^ seeee now thats helpful!!
Thank You!!

Ibreakstuff 04-22-2008 03:19 PM

I bet Ripn went and got her notes from the last time she worked on one.

RipnChick 04-22-2008 03:29 PM

actually, my 2-stroke vibrator works in much the same way, and it too has lube problems sometimes. I'm well versed in getting tha "White Thunder" back up and running.:sexyt:

LOL, actually a quick google search reveals that you are not alone in your dilemna of bar oiler maladies amongst fellow Homelite owners.

A surefire remedy is to throw that sissy toy away and get yourself a Stihl or something worthy.:idiot: I never saw any of the Axe Men wielding a homelite. :idiot:

Slamdry 04-22-2008 03:39 PM

yeah well i'm no ax man and well it was 20 buckls at a swap-meet and works fine for making wood small enough to fit in the chimina!!! lol

OCR 04-23-2008 10:04 AM

Also, make sure that the oil port by the bar is not plugged.

Slamdry 04-23-2008 10:48 AM

OK, I will probably take it apart this weekend, forget how to put it back togeather and lets someone else figure out the puzel for me lol!!

Seriously though, thanks for the info!!