SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   - SledNutz News, Announcements, and Bug Reports - (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Attention all users (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=2708)

Ibreakstuff 01-06-2009 08:19 PM

Attention all users

Our host has informed me that this week we will be moving to a new, faster, and upgraded server. What this means to you: Nothing. Just kidding, it means pretty much nothing - just faster browsing and I'd appreciate it if you all kept your eyes and ears open for any errors that are out of the ordinary. I know there are a couple errors within the site (namely, the upload error and the garage error) but other than that I'm pretty sure we're glitch and bug free. The main issue is that we are FINALLY being upgraded to PHP 5.0 as it is finally 100% backwards compliant (supposedly). This will allow some great improvements to the site (Chat and a few other modifications I want to add).

If you receive errors, please let me know here by replying to this thread. If you could do a screen shot of the error and post it, that would be perfect. If you don't know how to perform a screen shot, just ask.

I'm anticipating zero errors though, so don't get your hopes up ACG.

Gotmud 01-07-2009 07:55 AM

Does this mean pictures will load faster? Whenever I click on a picture to enlarge it sometimes takes 3-4 minutes. Or I could just be expecting too much lol.

MX86 01-07-2009 09:09 AM

yup, pictures will load faster, the site will load faster too ;)

Dirty_Harry 01-08-2009 11:48 AM

My posts are getting deleted!

Gotmud 01-08-2009 12:21 PM

I had 2 posts go MIA yesterday. ???

OCR 01-08-2009 01:27 PM

New pics not even showing thumbnail view and nothing there when you click on them.

Vertical_Escape 01-08-2009 02:02 PM

I started seeing the attachment problem late last night.

Missing posts is pretty easy to explain. They grabbed a copy of database and inserted into new server, posts were made in time between site actually switching servers, they were made in old DB, when switch took place, site reverted to posts that existed at time db was copied.

IBS will explain/fix problems, he like most of us, may be busy.

Powersledder 01-08-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry (Post 60108)
My posts are getting deleted!

You're getting deleted.

Dirty_Harry 01-08-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powersledder (Post 60144)
You're getting deleted.

Hah! You wish!

MX86 01-08-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertical_Escape (Post 60122)

Missing posts is pretty easy to explain. They grabbed a copy of database and inserted into new server, posts were made in time between site actually switching servers, they were made in old DB, when switch took place, site reverted to posts that existed at time db was copied.

Ding Ding Ding :woohoo:

Ibreakstuff 01-08-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertical_Escape (Post 60122)

Pretty much. Since my host is in Australia, their timing is a bit off. No biggie. Patience.

I can tell the site's faster - how about you guys?

MX86 01-09-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 60182)
Pretty much. Since my host is in Australia, their timing is a bit off. No biggie. Patience.

I can tell the site's faster - how about you guys?

mac may be in Ausi... but the server is in Cali ;)

Ibreakstuff 01-10-2009 12:05 AM

My host is in Australia, he's going to switch everything on his time zone, hence the "timing is a bit off" line.

Vertical_Escape 01-10-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX86 (Post 60208)
mac may be in Ausi... but the server is in Cali ;)

Almost forgot how to do this shit, but yeah, Ontario, California to be exact.