SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   - SledNutz News, Announcements, and Bug Reports - (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Who is fucking with me and Westman? (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=2736)

Rubi 01-09-2009 10:25 PM

Who is fucking with me and Westman?

Me and Westman have been in a weird, scary, Slednutz world for the last two days. Just like "I am Legend," everyone else disappeared, and we were the only Nutz left alive and active. We posted at each other for awhile, but the deafening silence from everyone else made that lose its luster. Just a few minutes ago, I suddenly hit "New Posts," and there a ton of new topics... and people other than me and Westman were posting. Our posts from the parallel universe Slednutz have disappeared, but the eerie feeling of being the last humans alive on planet Slednutz will haunt us forever.

westman995 01-09-2009 10:38 PM

I will tell you, that is true!! What the fuck is going on?? haha.. I know the site is being switched over, but damn its very weird, its just like he said, was just us two for almost two days, now all new topics show up and other people online.

Rubi 01-09-2009 10:44 PM

Those Aussie web servers are way fucked up. No wonder Crocodile Cuzzi wears that hat; he fits right in!

cuzzinolaf 01-09-2009 10:47 PM

I dunno where you guys were but we have been here.

westman995 01-09-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuzzinolaf (Post 60330)
I dunno where you guys were but we have been here.

No, WE have been here! And no one else! :poosy:

Rubi 01-09-2009 10:49 PM

We were here all along, but we were the only ones ever online. We posted and made threads, but they aren't on here now.

Dirty_Harry 01-09-2009 10:50 PM

Trust me, we have been here!

Rubi 01-09-2009 10:53 PM

Has anyone seen me or Westman logged in the last two days? I can read his posts and see he's logged in, but that's the only person I've seen for 2 days or so.

440odessey 01-09-2009 10:54 PM

Do you guys know anything about older arctic cat engines?

Dirty_Harry 01-09-2009 10:54 PM

No, come to think of it we havent...

Ibreakstuff 01-09-2009 10:56 PM

The site has been busier than shit recently. Would you like me to explain what happened?

Slednutz.com is registered with a DNS, Domain Name Server that changes the letters slednutz.com into an IP address of my server. Works kind of like a telephone switch. Well since we moved servers, the DNS had to switch where it pointed to, seamlessly. Not exactly easy when there are 1000's of DNS's throughout the world. As our host "threw the switch" by telling the DNS's the NEW IP of the new servers, your location in the world was slow to respond. The DNS that serves your trunk of the internet backbone was either down, slow, or broken so you two (and probably a bunch of others) were actually on the old server and database. Now your DNS is routing traffic to the new site, and that includes you.

Got it?

Ibreakstuff 01-09-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440odessey (Post 60335)
Do you guys know anything about older arctic cat engines?

Yes, please ask in the appropriate forum (Vintage sleds).

Ibreakstuff 01-09-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi (Post 60334)
Has anyone seen me or Westman logged in the last two days? I can read his posts and see he's logged in, but that's the only person I've seen for 2 days or so.

You two have been floating on the old server, see my post above.

Rubi 01-09-2009 10:59 PM

Damn it! I knew that starting to download Torrents was going to have negative repercussions.

westman995 01-09-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 60337)
The site has been busier than shit recently. Would you like me to explain what happened?

Slednutz.com is registered with a DNS, Domain Name Server that changes the letters slednutz.com into an IP address of my server. Works kind of like a telephone switch. Well since we moved servers, the DNS had to switch where it pointed to, seamlessly. Not exactly easy when there are 1000's of DNS's throughout the world. As our host "threw the switch" by telling the DNS's the NEW IP of the new servers, your location in the world was slow to respond. The DNS that serves your trunk of the internet backbone was either down, slow, or broken so you two (and probably a bunch of others) were actually on the old server and database. Now your DNS is routing traffic to the new site, and that includes you.

Got it?

Umm, I think i got it haha.. Im assuming that the posts and thread we made while this shit was going on, will turn up eventually? Or is it lost since we did it on the old server? You guys dont see the thread i made last night, titled where the fuck is everyone?

Ibreakstuff 01-09-2009 11:04 PM

Nope, it's pretty much lost.

Was there anything important that was posted (no offense)?

If so I can get it brought over.

Rubi 01-09-2009 11:07 PM

Don't bother. I don't remember anything. Maybe Westman put one post up about the latest dilemma about his mounting plate, but I can't remember. Mainly we were just posting about where was everyone. Where did Wiguy's thread go? Did that disappear? Westman says that when I post, my posts don't show up in "New Topics."

Vertical_Escape 01-09-2009 11:27 PM

Good explanation IBS, basically they were on the tail end of site resolving to new ip, never seen it last more than a few hours though. Of course, they are in the asshole of the world, it takes awhile.

Jking guys.

cuzzinolaf 01-09-2009 11:29 PM

I am sure that was weird. I don't think I've even see this place completely dead before. After two days of just posting with Westman I'd go crazy too.

440odessey 01-09-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 60338)
Yes, please ask in the appropriate forum (Vintage sleds).

Dont look like anybody been there for awhile? How do i talk to someone about my carb issues? Im guessing its mid 80's arctic cat is that vintage?

cuzzinolaf 01-09-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 440odessey (Post 60351)
Dont look like anybody been there for awhile? How do i talk to someone about my carb issues? Im guessing its mid 80's arctic cat is that vintage?

Most users check for new posts when searching the forum. If you post up your question in the "vintage forum" I am sure someone will respond. Welcome to Slednutz, neighbor (IL here).

440odessey 01-10-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuzzinolaf (Post 60352)
Most users check for new posts when searching the forum. If you post up your question in the "vintage forum" I am sure someone will respond. Welcome to Slednutz, neighbor (IL here).

Okay, thank you, neighbor

westman995 01-10-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 60344)
Nope, it's pretty much lost.

Was there anything important that was posted (no offense)?

If so I can get it brought over.

Um not really that i know of, couple post or maybe just one from my project thread, no important tho. Other shit was just a thread i made asking where the fuck everyone was and what not.

westman995 01-10-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi (Post 60346)
Don't bother. I don't remember anything. Maybe Westman put one post up about the latest dilemma about his mounting plate, but I can't remember. Mainly we were just posting about where was everyone. Where did Wiguy's thread go? Did that disappear? Westman says that when I post, my posts don't show up in "New Topics."

That is true, his posts dont show up in new topics. I checked after olaf, harry, and IBS posted in this thread, and all showed up after that. Its just the site moving obviously, but just saying.

That thread is still there for me, posts are missing tho.

MX86 01-10-2009 12:09 AM

Basically in simple man's terms... while we were all on the new site... you fuckers were left alone on the old one by yourselves... and most likely share the same ISP? (internet service provider...)