SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   - SledNutz News, Announcements, and Bug Reports - (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Moderator changes (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=3792)

Ibreakstuff 11-02-2009 06:03 PM

Moderator changes

If you don't already know, earlier today I removed CuzzinOlaf, MX86, and The_hog's moderator status. I am currently the only one who can perform these duties, and this presents a problem. I cannot dedicate the time necessary to keep watch all the time. Yes, the forum pretty much runs itself but there are time when I need someone around. I also need someone to make sure threads are created in the correct place, etc.

Last time, The_Hog was made a mod because he was one from the beginning. MX86 and CuzzinOlaf were made mods because they were on all the time. I figured between the 4 of us, we would have the site covered. Instead of appointing moderators, I am inquiring if anyone is interested. I don't want anyone to feel obligated. This is a volunteer position and it sucks sometimes.

Some of the requirements are:

1. Be on the site for the majority of the day.
2. Be knowledgeable about snowmobiles, the sport, industry, and the internet.
3. Be not brand-biased when needed.
4. Be over 18.
5. Be able to identify incorrectly placed threads.
6. Be a slednut.

If you would like to be considered to be a moderator, send me a PM and we will discuss further.

-IBS

Mookie Brown 11-02-2009 07:14 PM

Those are the requirements??? I need to reconsider my previous desire to moderate.

In all seriousness, I think looking for volunteers is a really smart way to go about it.

blue avenger 11-02-2009 08:34 PM

If the pay is the same as my other mod job, it don,t cover all day.

cuzzinolaf 11-02-2009 08:37 PM

I can do it still if you want. I just needed some sort of warning that if I didn't do my job it would be taken away.

Can I get some fries with that?

westman995 11-02-2009 08:38 PM

Ill be a mod.. Haha..

No seriously, if you would even consider me being a mod ill PM you. I havent been on the site that much really lately, but with the season coming up quick i am sure ill be on quite more often.

Ibreakstuff 11-03-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuzzinolaf (Post 85818)
I can do it still if you want. I just needed some sort of warning that if I didn't do my job it would be taken away.

Can I get some fries with that?

So did you get fired before you realized you needed to be at work?

blue avenger 11-03-2009 07:04 AM

LOL it's "would you like some fries with that?" your mind is on the wrong side of the counter. no wonder they let ya go. LOL

Triple650indy 11-03-2009 08:53 AM

Hmmm, well the only issue with your requirements is that my job sometimes requires me to get off my ass and go do things. Otherwise I could pull it off. When I get home usually I cook something up, but I'm usually on ventrilo with some people and I'm back and forth to the computer. Otherwise I'm usually up til 11 or 12 cst. and back up at 6 and check the site at 7am and I'm usually reloading every 5-10 min between work. Otherwise I believe myself to be capable but my job has a tendency to take me away from the computer for hours at a time. Otherwise I have experience moderating a small forum for my guild.

PolarisRich 11-03-2009 09:53 AM

Can Canadians apply and if so just PM me!

Ibreakstuff 11-03-2009 09:57 AM

Fookin Canucks.

PolarisRich 11-03-2009 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7698

Polaris1man 11-03-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 85795)
If you don't already know, earlier today I removed CuzzinOlaf, MX86, and The_hog's moderator status. I am currently the only one who can perform these duties, and this presents a problem. I cannot dedicate the time necessary to keep watch all the time. Yes, the forum pretty much runs itself but there are time when I need someone around. I also need someone to make sure threads are created in the correct place, etc.

Last time, The_Hog was made a mod because he was one from the beginning. MX86 and CuzzinOlaf were made mods because they were on all the time. I figured between the 4 of us, we would have the site covered. Instead of appointing moderators, I am inquiring if anyone is interested. I don't want anyone to feel obligated. This is a volunteer position and it sucks sometimes.

Some of the requirements are:

1. Be on the site for the majority of the day.
2. Be knowledgeable about snowmobiles, the sport, industry, and the internet.
3. Be not brand-biased when needed.
4. Be over 18.
5. Be able to identify incorrectly placed threads.
6. Be a slednut.

If you would like to be considered to be a moderator, send me a PM and we will discuss further.

-IBS

With those qualifications, no need to have any new applications, just re-instate their status!!!

Dirty_Harry 11-03-2009 11:31 AM

I could do it, but it might take some getting used to.

Triple650indy 11-03-2009 11:34 AM

Cuzz couldn't moderate his way out of a paper bag, he's all about irresponsible consumption...

Gotmud 11-03-2009 11:36 AM

^^ He might be able to if someone pissed on the bag first lol.

cuzzinolaf 11-03-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple650indy (Post 85901)
Cuzz couldn't moderate his way out of a paper bag, he's all about irresponsible consumption...

WHURD! I was in it for the glory.

Polaris1man 11-03-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmud (Post 85905)
^^ He might be able to if someone pissed on the bag first lol.

Are you kiddin' Rich, Olaf would "savor" the moment, a Golden shower!!!! Emmy status!!!

Dirty_Harry 11-03-2009 01:25 PM

Be afraid, Dirty is now a mod...

cuzzinolaf 11-03-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry (Post 85949)
Be afraid, Dirty is now a mod...

HA! That is funny. You finally got your mod status. Congrats. Now you can feel important.

Dirty_Harry 11-03-2009 01:30 PM

I have always felt important.

Triple650indy 11-03-2009 01:42 PM

Yeah someone needs to be the butt of everyone's jokes.

Polaris1man 11-04-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 85849)
Fookin Canucks.

'EH