SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   PWC's (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Bought a waveblaster (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=4749)

bassdocktor 04-24-2010 07:40 PM

Bought a waveblaster

1 Attachment(s)
Well the deal I worked out with the one I posted about before kinda fell apart. Guy was jerking me around alot after we agreed about everything. Owell his loss. Searching CL and a few fourms I came across my new one.

Picked it up this morning and took it for a quick ride, well.... maybe it too me for the ride. I gotta finish a paper but I post some more pics and some of the stuff its got later on. Just thought I'd update you guys incase you were wondering.

fgsacts 04-24-2010 08:03 PM

Congrats on the new ride.

bassdocktor 04-24-2010 09:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks. I'm pretty happy.

After not really getting out on the sled this year I decided another summer toy was a good idea. Not sure if this winter will be much better for riding.

It's a 95' has a Protec pipe, Factory Pipe water box (not in the pic), Protec rideplate. Protect intake grate, oil block off with oil guage block off, Blowsion bar pad and billet throttle, K&N filter, MSD plug caps, and new motor mounts.
Has a new starter and pump shoe.

1 or 2 crack but they are only in the gel coat. No sun fade like most of the ones out there.

Also came with 2 covers and trailer that has new wheels, bearings, tires, and lights. Could use some paint.

It's definitely an experience riding it. Although it was only in the 50's and I'm not sure about water temps but I took it out for a quick ride. Took a few tries before I was able to get on it. They'll tip right over. Not too sure how fast it is yet because I just wanted to get up on it.

cuzzinolaf 04-24-2010 11:50 PM

Now we gotta convert you to a stand-up...

stagesrt4 04-25-2010 12:19 PM

Nice n thanks for getting one. You had me looking for one now but Ill just try out yours.

Yea you basically have to jump on them and go. Balance/steer is the key part.

This ones 2 years newer than the other one and it comes w/cover & trailer...boo ya

bassdocktor 04-25-2010 06:04 PM

I would have gotten a stand up but I wasn't finding what I really wanted. It's hard to come across nice SJ especially if you want a 701 and there aren't alot of decent 650 or up Kawi's.

stagesrt4 we can figure something out this summer. Yeah I tried the jump on an go idea, that would work if I wouldn't have tipped over. Owell, that's why I either needed warmer weather or a wet suit. Yeah I was happy with how the deal worked out.

MrSnowman 04-26-2010 12:16 AM

Ski looks awsome good find. deff got to have us all out for a cruise. the area by seans is awsome to ride out in elgin will prolly do that a ton this yr

stagesrt4 04-26-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassdocktor (Post 99785)
I would have gotten a stand up but I wasn't finding what I really wanted. It's hard to come across nice SJ especially if you want a 701 and there aren't alot of decent 650 or up Kawi's.

stagesrt4 we can figure something out this summer. Yeah I tried the jump on an go idea, that would work if I wouldn't have tipped over. Owell, that's why I either needed warmer weather or a wet suit. Yeah I was happy with how the deal worked out.

well an SJ is awesome standup, but they would have costed you a good chunk more than this waveblaster...

grab some gear and lets ride.

Ill be up at the chain O lakes and Lake geneva every weekend if you wanna come out. Ill have a different toy each weekend tho....

cuzzinolaf 04-26-2010 02:22 PM

Let me know if you ride the chain anytime soon.

bassdocktor 04-26-2010 06:24 PM

That sounds like a good time. We'll have to talk when Im done with finals. Different toys are always good.

stagesrt4 04-26-2010 07:33 PM

I've got 2 clutches to do this weekend. Hope to finish install of Seadoo motor...

But Im probably gonna be up there the following weekend.

Remember chain charges fee, launch fee, and must be registered.

bassdocktor 04-26-2010 07:38 PM

Wait, you need some special sticker/registration for the chain right?

stagesrt4 04-26-2010 08:19 PM

Yea it's like 20-25 for weekend and 80-90 for season

bassdocktor 04-26-2010 08:25 PM

Wow! It's getting rediculous to launch a boat or jetski.

There's still a launch fee too I'm guessing?

MrSnowman 04-27-2010 09:15 AM

Im going to stay off the chain sticking with lake geneva and the fox not worth spending that kind of money when i could use that money to ride for two weekend on other waters

stagesrt4 04-27-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassdocktor (Post 99817)
Wow! It's getting rediculous to launch a boat or jetski.

There's still a launch fee too I'm guessing?

thats just the lake fee

then you have the launch fee

and your regular registration

i know a luanch thats only $10 on grass lake, but the rest are 20-40 for launch/parking....

so yea, going to the chain aint cheap:tantrum:

Gotmud 04-27-2010 09:43 AM

LMFAO you guys have to pay big to use a fucking lake?? That's total BS, glad I don't live in Chitown.

stagesrt4 04-27-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmud (Post 99833)
LMFAO you guys have to pay big to use a fucking lake?? That's total BS, glad I don't live in Chitown.

it goes to pay for the cops they have on every lake up there...

lake Geneva just has 2 water patrol boats that dont do anything...

Gotmud 04-27-2010 09:48 AM

I don't think I could live over there lol. I'll stick with hiding in the bush lol.

Powersledder 04-27-2010 10:03 AM

LOL, you guys pay to get out on the lake?

stagesrt4 04-27-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powersledder (Post 99838)
LOL, you guys pay to get out on the lake?

yes, a small fortune....

i have 3 water toys, so between insurance, launch, registration, lake fee, gas, and maintaining them....im spent...

bassdocktor 04-27-2010 10:38 AM

Wow the chain is a major rip off. No less than $30 to come up on the weekend. I'd rather just go out really early on Lake Michigan before they start collecting money like we do to fish.

Even the few lakes that make you pay in Michigan are only a few dollars.

cuzzinolaf 04-27-2010 10:43 AM

I hear Twin Lakes just across the border is a very clean and nice lake. I want to check it out sometime.

stagesrt4 04-27-2010 11:14 AM

yea but going to the chain is like pay a cover a the strip club

you pay a good chunk just to get in, but you get to stare at boobies all day once your in...

Gotmud 04-27-2010 11:16 AM

^^ Now if they was nekkid boobers I'd be in lol. And I'm not talkin moobies either lol.