SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   PWC's (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Jetskier killed on Chain - 5/23/10 (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=4819)

cuzzinolaf 05-24-2010 01:35 PM

Jetskier killed on Chain - 5/23/10

Anyone else hear about this?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/373171...ws-chicago_il/

MrSnowman 05-24-2010 03:31 PM

Thats horrible. my best wishes to his family. those lakes are just way over crowded. lg is not any better but there finally doing things about it to help control the popularity of the lake and prevent these accidentss from ever accuring.

fgsacts 05-24-2010 04:37 PM

I have lost count of how many times jet skiers have turned in front of my boat or came to close before they noticed me. I always slow down when jet skiers are around regardles of who has the right of way. I am not assuming the jet skier was at fault. Just commenting.

bassdocktor 05-25-2010 06:40 PM

Wow I thats horrible.

I think people with jetskis get a bad name. Yeah there are crazy ones out there but I have more problems with skiers or people with monster sized boats. I've been cruising along in my bass boat and can't tell you how many people cut me off. Usuaully you can see they aren't even looking.

Cuzzi I just noticed you're over at x-h20.

cuzzinolaf 05-25-2010 08:50 PM

I'm there but rarely post. I pretty much stay in the midwest section of PWCToday.

Ibreakstuff 05-25-2010 09:32 PM

PWCToday? Ech. You're so yuppy.

SnowAttitude 05-26-2010 08:54 AM

Years ago a friend of mine had a nice boat. Him and his brothers went out to the lake to ski.
His brother was in the water holding the rope, just about ready to take off, but they seen a boat near them and waited, the guy just about hit his brother and ran the rope over.
He went home and put the boat up for sale.

I know people that doent take there boat's out until after the 4 of July.
They say the lakes are packed with idiots trying to kill each other, after the 4th, hardly anyone is on the lake.

Ibreakstuff 05-26-2010 12:23 PM

Imagine all the yuppy fucks from Chicago, getting hammered, and driving their boats on a few lakes linked together. Every weekend. It's only 45 minutes or so away from me but I've never dropped my waverunners in. Scares the hell out of me. If I were to ride up there, it would have to be close to someone's house.

cuzzinolaf 05-26-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff (Post 100843)
Imagine all the yuppy fucks from Chicago, getting hammered, and driving their boats on a few lakes linked together. Every weekend. It's only 45 minutes or so away from me but I've never dropped my waverunners in. Scares the hell out of me. If I were to ride up there, it would have to be close to someone's house.

11 lakes, an upper and lower river separated by a lock system, a bar that is an island along with countless other bars and no boat size or hp limits.

I have seen some 40+ footers out there and know of a few boats that easily top 100mph.

It is scary out there on my boat on a weekend. Jetskis are a deathwish unless you stick to a few bays that don't get as much traffic.

MrSnowman 05-27-2010 10:26 AM

You are all helping keep my stance on why i will never drop my boat or skis in that water ever

stagesrt4 05-28-2010 07:13 AM

ive grown up on lake maria...tubing, skiing, jet skiing, boating, etc.....never had any issues before

but the place only keeps getting more crowded.

ZLZEBUB 10-29-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuzzinolaf (Post 100844)
11 lakes, an upper and lower river separated by a lock system, a bar that is an island along with countless other bars and no boat size or hp limits.

I have seen some 40+ footers out there and know of a few boats that easily top 100mph.

It is scary out there on my boat on a weekend. Jetskis are a deathwish unless you stick to a few bays that don't get as much traffic.

tell and show us all just how scarry PETITE BAY realy is.....will ya :pics4:

blue avenger 10-29-2010 07:48 PM

lake Minnatonka in the twin city's area scares the hell out of me. big money lives and playes there. houseboats, cruisers and racers, no room for fishing unless you stay in the weed beds