SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   Trail Reports (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   SWM snow report 2010-11 (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=5287)

Gotmud 12-08-2010 10:37 AM

SWM snow report 2010-11

I figured I'd start our own thread to keep track of SW Michigan. I just checked the weatherchannel snow report and it says Bloomingdale has 18", I believe that to be very accurate.
Snow and freezing temps in our forcast for the next 10 days. Johndee seems to agree with every other forcast I've seen. I'm pretty stoked, we haven't had a snowmobiling season start like this in quite a few years around here.

Mich_Sledder 12-09-2010 07:14 PM

Down here in Lawton we have a bit more than a foot of snow on the ground. Some of the fields to the northwest appraoching Paw paw have about 20 inches and Tuesday was a GREAT day of snowmobiling romping through it. However, as usual there is much traffic heading into the bars/restaurants in Lawton so for about a half mile on the north side of town the trail is rough. Best bet there is to get off the trails to the west of town and take the roads in. A few Snow is expected tonight and then we get a day off and then we are expecting a big dump through Sunday and Monday. If it stretches far enough south I might go to Lunkers in Edwardsburgh on Monday. This IS a great start to the year!!

Gotmud 12-09-2010 07:18 PM

Our lake effect snow has settled to about a foot. Fucking awesome base for the les thats suppose to set up starting sunday, and lasting all week. Please please let it stay cold lol

Gotmud 12-10-2010 09:54 AM

Got about 2" last night but the blowing snow was the main event for the evening. I had a hard time driving to work looking at all the ditches that looked like tital waves, i wanted to turn around and go home to ride them lol.

rock2324 12-10-2010 09:56 AM

Have you seen your report on John Dee for the weekend into Monday......I know you will be sick on Monday.

Gotmud 12-10-2010 10:10 AM

No I actually have a new guy starting next week, I've already thought about this. Our local weather says that we are going to get the same thing as last week when we got 18+", and they say it'll last all week again. I'm so stoked for the start of this winter, please don't stop lol.

Ibreakstuff 12-10-2010 12:16 PM

Where's the pics?

Gotmud 12-10-2010 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's the most your gonna get right now lol. I'll get some pics this weekend for "proof of snow".:bitchdrama:

Rubi 12-10-2010 12:38 PM

^^Hey Mud. Did you use your avalanche shovel to shovel that snow on your hood, or did you just spend some time kicking it up there with your boot?

Gotta give you some shit because you just stole a trailer that is a little bit nicer than my house!

Gotmud 12-10-2010 12:42 PM

I plowed that snow homie lol. :woot:

The Gerbil 12-10-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi (Post 108098)
^^Hey Mud. Did you use your avalanche shovel to shovel that snow on your hood, or did you just spend some time kicking it up there with your boot?

Looks more like he parked it right where somebody was snowblowing their driveway and let the snow pile up that way for a while.

Rubi 12-10-2010 12:47 PM

Mud always talks about his lake effect snow. Well I've got some serious "neighbor's snowblower effect snow" in my yard. Dang, that stuff is deep!

Gotmud 12-10-2010 12:47 PM

I figured if I pulled up to a plowed snowbank someone might notice the plow marks or something, the snowblower worked fuckin awesome! Prove it! lol :bitchdrama: