SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   Arctic Cat General Discussion (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   clutch problems (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=5437)

eagle1026 01-09-2011 01:24 PM

clutch problems

I have a 01 mountain cat 1000 and i rode it on friday and it ran awsome then on sat I rode it and it was running the same way.then while i was riding it i came to a stop then when i tryed to take off the belt stated slipping really bad so I shut it down to let it cool down for about a half hour on the side of the trail.then i tryed to start it i tryed taking off by its self so i hit the brake and the motor died on my then i pulled it over again being prepared for it to take off and when it started i just gave it some gas and took off and after that every time I came to a stop the motor wanted to died like the clutch wasnt disengaging so I put on a new belt and still everytime i come to a stop i have to give it some gas so it dont die on me what could cause that????

ZLZEBUB 01-10-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle1026 (Post 109940)
I have a 01 mountain cat 1000 and i rode it on friday and it ran awsome then on sat I rode it and it was running the same way.then while i was riding it i came to a stop then when i tryed to take off the belt stated slipping really bad so I shut it down to let it cool down for about a half hour on the side of the trail.then i tryed to start it i tryed taking off by its self so i hit the brake and the motor died on my then i pulled it over again being prepared for it to take off and when it started i just gave it some gas and took off and after that every time I came to a stop the motor wanted to died like the clutch wasnt disengaging so I put on a new belt and still everytime i come to a stop i have to give it some gas so it dont die on me what could cause that????

look at the plastic rollers and or pins.....probably have a flat spot on them and ID is worn out

OCR 01-10-2011 01:17 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wrong!

It is the primary that is the problem.
You should check for weight arms that are tweaked and binding the spider.

Clifford 11-30-2011 02:52 AM

My 96 1500 clutch is a bit high, and when going from 1st to 2nd in low RPM's it shifts fine, but when you kick it up it sometimes misses second and could take 3-4 toe lifts / heal stomps to get it into 2nd. So, I ride nice and easy until 2nd gear and than go for it if needed (bad for entering a busy highway fro a stop). Dn shifting is fine. I bought the bike used with no maint history, but it is a great bike and the ball & chain loves it... Do you think changing the spring could help this issues too? I had ideas that it was a clutch issue, or possibly the neutral sensor, but I am used to fixing dirt bikes - not cruisers.

Rubi 11-30-2011 08:34 AM

Cliff, dude, I don't want to jump a new guy's case, but a Mountain Cat is a snowmobile. It has a full CVT clutch system.