SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   Dirt Bikes (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   My express ticket to hell? (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=5561)

DirtylilWolfess 02-18-2011 02:38 PM

My express ticket to hell?

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my 250, all dressed up in black :)

blue avenger 02-18-2011 02:59 PM

that your ride for the coming season?

Dirty_Harry 02-18-2011 11:49 PM

Snow isnt gone yet, no point in bringing out the gay tricycles yet.

blue avenger 02-19-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry (Post 111677)

Maybe I wont get my trike out, but can I work on the brakes now? Gotta run run new hard lines to the rear wheels. New M/C blew them out.

Gotmud 02-19-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry (Post 111677)

Your just jealous, hater.:bitchdrama:

DirtylilWolfess 02-19-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue avenger (Post 111669)
that your ride for the coming season?

If all goes well, yep. 2001 CR250. It might bring me an early funeral, but damn what a way to go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry

I braaap all year round. Don't be hatin' :poosy:

DirtylilWolfess 03-26-2011 02:56 PM

For the first time in my racing career, I bought some pre-printed number plate graphics. Part of me feels guilty for the jing I spent (hey...it was only 34 bucks) but the other part of me feels guilty for trying to attain baller status through the use of stickers.

In a week or so (or more?) I'll post up some thrilling pictures of the ride.

Powersledder 03-26-2011 03:32 PM

Mine might get all powdercoated and prettied up next winter if I have a heated garage to work on it in. Don't think its going to get any lame ass "balla status" stickers on it though.

DirtylilWolfess 03-26-2011 04:07 PM

No powder coating (as tempting as that is), just the blacked out scheme and my numbers. :)

Gotmud 03-26-2011 06:22 PM

What did you order a graphics kit? Ive seen some bad ass graphics for bikes and atvs. Have you seen the graphics on my kawi?

DirtylilWolfess 03-26-2011 06:23 PM

Just the pre-printed numbers.

Show me the kawi love! :sexyt:

DirtylilWolfess 04-23-2011 11:38 AM

Update time.

Suspension out and sent off to the suspension guy (Sorry Danny, I went with Race Tech). Also got the seat shaved, but my tiny paws can't get the seat cover stapled back on as tight as I'd like it to be. Either way, as is before radical suspension mods, I can start it on flat ground, and I have both toes on the ground. With suspension mods, I will be sitting on the thing with the balls of my feet pretty solidly planted.

Oh, why is the right crank case cover off?

Well, it just so happens that my clutch was trashed beyond anything I've even seen on the internet. It looked like someone dumped over a pound of glitter in my transmission and clutch case. Fuckin' unbelievable. I found a stellar deal on an entire clutch on Ebay, and it's in sweet condition, so once the Dad and I tear things down and check out the rest of the stuff we'll hopefully be golden again.

I had it out on the road through all the gears, and it was insanely fun and fast, but the power was way way way different from my lightswitch like smaller bike. It didn't matter where you were in the powerband, it just pulled ahead like an angry beast.

DirtylilWolfess 04-25-2011 09:58 PM

Engine is all ready to come out and is currently sitting loose in the frame. I need another set of hands to help wrestle the thing out of there.

blue avenger 04-26-2011 08:09 AM

just use gravity, cheap and free!

DirtylilWolfess 04-26-2011 05:02 PM

Sorry BA, the damn thing won't come out the top or sides just by shaking the hell out of it.

I was sorely tempted, but that sucker is finessed in there very tightly.

DirtylilWolfess 04-26-2011 09:56 PM

I don't quite know how I managed it, but I pulled the fucker out without any help, except the assistance of my sweet lift system, and a ladder, and some MN made 100 proof cinnamon something or another.

Turns out the only thing you need to do is smash the everliving fuck out of your ring finger on the left hand, and take 99% of the skin off the knuckle of your right thumb.

Once that was accomplished, I removed the head. Bore looks sorta okay. There are a few rub marks, but you can still see the hatching damnnear everywhere. Then I discovered the piston is STUPIDLY loose. I will get it measured for sure tomorrow, but there is NO way that a piston should be that loose at all.

Time to price out a top end kit. :poosy:

blue avenger 04-27-2011 07:07 AM

you thinking somebody honed it and sold it?

Slamdry 04-28-2011 01:21 PM

big bore, make it a 600!!!!

DirtylilWolfess 04-28-2011 05:58 PM

I don't know what to think. The thing was in minty shape when I bought it (so far as I could tell from a 2 hour exam). Now I know why the dudeman (older and at the time seemed to know a SHITLOAD about maintenance).

But!!!!! There were these tiny discrepancies in his know-how.

Turns out I decided not to trust a word he said. They washed the hell out of the bike, so it was clean as fuck when I bought it. He says "one race on it this year since a new re-build." It's his son's bike. One of the localish national pros supposedly spent time on it. I don't give a fuck about that. I'd rather it was some 70 YO dude's farm bike that only has two total hours on it.

From what I can tell. Neither the dudeman or his 35 YO son knew anything about bikes or maintenance except "fill it with gas and go!" Top end is near brand new, it has some aftermarket bolt on goodies, but that's it. The condition of the clutch and everything else (engine bolts, plastic bolts, etc.) say that it has never been apart aside from the top end.

Crazy.

DirtylilWolfess 04-28-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slamdry (Post 113458)
big bore, make it a 600!!!!

Dude it is fast enough as is, just being a 250 2-stroke. :sexyt:

bassdocktor 04-28-2011 10:03 PM

It's amazing what people who claim to know what they were doing to stuff did. Sometimes I think people just don't have a clue but think they do. I know I dont know alot but atleast I look to people that do This is reminding me of the jetski I picked up last summer. Hopefully you get that thing back together quickly.

Looks like it'll be great once again when you get it done.

MX86 04-29-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtylilWolfess (Post 113376)
Update time.

Suspension out and sent off to the suspension guy (Sorry Danny, I went with Race Tech).

All the components in my bike's suspension are Race Tech Products with Maxima Shock and Fork oil. Good stuff there

Powersledder 04-29-2011 08:25 PM

I have to say that's kind of funny right there. Danny was so gracious to offer his service in "rebuilding" Bryans shocks(aka shipping them back leaking oil all over) but then has someone else rebuild his own shocks.

DirtylilWolfess 04-30-2011 08:29 AM

I thought Danny's brand was Pro-action or Enzo?

Mine are back. For sure have oil in them, and all new everything!

I got cut a sweet deal. By this, I mean I got sponsored by the suspension dude.

Gotmud 04-30-2011 09:12 AM

Must be nice, all women have to do is show some cleavage and act air headed. I wonder what a saleman would do if I walked in with my nutz hanging out of my zipper and winking at him lol.:poosy: