SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   Mountain Riding (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Togwotee Dec 26-30 (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=5957)

Gotmud 12-31-2011 04:59 PM

Togwotee Dec 26-30

7 Attachment(s)
Well Ratstang and I commited to sticking with our Tog trip and we were both pretty happy we did. Talked to a couple guys that unloaded at the Snowies only to load back up and come to Tog instead lol, glad we didn't go that route. There really wasn't much picture taking but I have some helmet cam footage I'll post up as I edit it and post on youtube.

We arrived Tuesday morning and checked in early, then rode for half a day. Did pretty good, anything close to the trail was tracked to all hell. We did manage to find some decent snow, was enough for my first ride of the season and it kicked my ass lol.

Got an early start on Wednesday and got asses to seats at 8.30 am, that doesn't happen much lol. We had looked the map over pretty good the night before and had a plan for today. Checked out some areas that looked like some damn fun terrain but there just wasn't much snow. You could tell where the snow was deep and where it wasn't, there were deep spots though. We ended up falling into a sweet little area we played in and returned to after having to go back and fill up again. Snow was good once we found this area but it was still tracked and you couldn't see it because tracks were covered. I found the snow close to and through trees to be untouched and a fuckin blast to play in, found tons of killer deep snow. I also found out this day that Ratstang is a sidehilling fool! I showed him my talent for getting stuck lol, even managed to get hung up on a tree.

It snowed all night and Wednesday morning there was probably 8" fresh everywhere and was snowing hard as hell. Between the hard snow and blowing snow we had a real hard time. We left the lodge maybe about 8.30 again but visibility was almost nothing. We barely made it off trail and between the flat light, snow, blowing snow, you couldn't really see much. There were a few stucks right off the bat, you'd run into a drift and not even know it. After my huge stuck(Even though it was my first big stuck of the year, it may end up being my best stuck of the year lol) my boots were wet and we decided to return to the lodge and regroup. We decided since it was suppose to snow until Saturday anyways to just pack up and head home. We thought about just extending our stay until Saturday but we'd have been stuck in the lodge for 2 days and that didn't sound enjoyable lol.
Here are a few pics I did take........

blue avenger 12-31-2011 05:22 PM

LOL thought you went ride um, not not dig them out of snow?

Ratstang 01-01-2012 01:06 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Rubbing is racing, well digging is riding. We kept a good pace and the only time to take pics was during a stuck. Plus the whole time it was overcast, snowing and/or blowing. I didn't get many pics because of having to wait for my phone to power on. The big stuck was documented though. Do you think Mud was trying to live up to his name and could smell what was at the bottom of the creek. LOL Good times!!

Attachment 10982

Attachment 10983

Attachment 10984

Attachment 10985

Attachment 10986

Attachment 10987

Dirty_Harry 01-01-2012 05:16 PM

Lucky devils, give me a year or two...i'll be with you.

Rubi 01-01-2012 11:07 PM

Sweet. Awesome stuck Mud. Good to hear Ratstang is a sidehillin' foo'. The whole story is good except for the part where you decided to go home because it was supposed to dump until Saturday. When you can't see anything and it's dumping you creep your way out to a safe meadow and ride the shit out of that fresh!

The Gerbil 01-02-2012 10:26 AM

Nice work on the stuck Mud! That may is one of the most impressive ones I have ever seen out of you.

DirtylilWolfess 01-03-2012 12:35 AM

Ah t'hell. I have to work on my stuck-impressivity-factor.

Kickass dudes! I especially appreciate Ratstang's quote about digging is riding. That is worth putting on the little Indy that could!

tentionfree 01-21-2013 06:00 AM

i'll be with you....