SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   Sit-Downs (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Winterizing PWC's (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=62)

Ultrastud 09-21-2007 01:34 PM

Winterizing PWC's

Any tips or info??

Ibreakstuff 09-21-2007 04:04 PM

Re: Winterizing PWC's

You want a procedure for both individually, or a general one for any PWC?

Ultrastud 09-21-2007 06:15 PM

either or would work i guess, maybe start out with something in general and then work into the shark and pro ;D

Riley 09-22-2007 04:30 PM

Jeff put stabilizer in the gas run it to get it in the carbs then fog the hell out of it. I use to take the muffler of of mine to dump out any water in there but the rest should drain on it's own.
Riley

Ibreakstuff 09-23-2007 10:42 PM

On some PWCs the engines have water in them, even after being out of the water for a while (Sea-Doo LRV 787 comes to mind)...

Just to be safe - find the highest cooling line on the engine that you can, and take the cooling line off. Attach a new line that's 2 feet or so in length. Jam a funnel on there, and pour marine/rv anti-freeze in there until it runs out the exhaust.

DONE.

This of course is after you fog it. If you just run it every couple weeks with stabil in the gas, still do the above procedure the last time before you put it away. From then on you can just fire it up.

Ultrastud 09-24-2007 12:25 PM

So what about the pump? Is there any water still in it, its been about a month since they were in the water.

Ibreakstuff 09-24-2007 12:28 PM

The "pump" is empty as soon as you take it out of the water, are you familiar with how the cooling system works on there?

As the water is compressed in the pump nozzle, there is a hole in the side of it. That hole goes into a tube that runs into the hull, and then throught the engine/exhaust.

What holds water:

The engine and exhaust.

You also might want to toss some of the RV antifreeze into the hull. It washes right out, and will keep any leftover water in the hull from freezing. Besides - that RV antifreeze is cheap as hell.

Ultrastud 09-24-2007 12:52 PM

Just want to make sure there is NO water left in them when it drops to -20 below!! ;D Well its not as difficult as i thought it'd be!! Plus I've already got 2 gallons of RV anti-freeze out to the inlaws!!! ;D

Riley 09-26-2007 08:20 PM

I wouldn't put any RV antifreez into the hull. You will end up with a huge mess. The motor in Polaris Watercrafts will drain completely when pulled out of the water. If you dump any antifreez into the motor it will end up all over your floor. The only place that may still have water in it is the muffler. Make sure to put in the stabilizer and fog the shit out of it.
Riley

Ultrastud 09-28-2007 12:02 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, it's on my honey do list this weekend!!

blue avenger 04-01-2009 08:13 AM

Sea-Doo LRV 787..... these things prone to freezing and cracking?
My brother picked one up last year and had crankcase flooding problems. 10 min it would fill the crank case. we tracked it to a fuel pump in the end. never did get to ride it. this spring he put it up for sale and we had no problems starting it now but it run funny still. Never One guy that came by to look at it said the block was cracked? His was the same way and he was hoping to find a good engine.

Ibreakstuff 04-01-2009 08:14 PM

Flooding with water or fuel?

Ever heard of pop-off pressure?

blue avenger 04-01-2009 10:29 PM

fuel. Tank was not under press, cap was loose.