SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   Group Rides (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Week between Christmas and New Years? (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=6385)

Gotmud 11-13-2012 11:00 AM

Week between Christmas and New Years?

So the week between Christmas and New Years I have the whole week off of work. Last year Mitch and I went to Togwotee for that week. Well I'm again looking for someone to make a trip that week. Yes snow could be marginal but I intend to try setting something up as I will be able to ride care free with work closed. I don't even have to reserve lodging, I'm fine with shooting from the hip when the time comes and hope we can find lodging. I'd kind of like to leave it open to go west that week, whether it be Tog or Snowies and make the final decision based on snow right before the trip. I guess if there weren't enough snow west then obviously it'd be a yooper week if there was snow there.

I'd want to leave Dec 26th and would like to be home by mid afternoon on Dec 31st. Anyone interested?:gaywave:

fgsacts 11-13-2012 12:48 PM

Going to the beach amigo.

Gotmud 11-13-2012 01:02 PM

:takeit:

slickwilly08 11-13-2012 04:05 PM

I'll be in New Orleans.

DirtylilWolfess 11-13-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmud (Post 122701)
So the week between Christmas and New Years I have the whole week off of work. Last year Mitch and I went to Togwotee for that week. Well I'm again looking for someone to make a trip that week. Yes snow could be marginal but I intend to try setting something up as I will be able to ride care free with work closed. I don't even have to reserve lodging, I'm fine with shooting from the hip when the time comes and hope we can find lodging. I'd kind of like to leave it open to go west that week, whether it be Tog or Snowies and make the final decision based on snow right before the trip. I guess if there weren't enough snow west then obviously it'd be a yooper week if there was snow there.

I'd want to leave Dec 26th and would like to be home by mid afternoon on Dec 31st. Anyone interested?:gaywave:

One of these days...years...I kinda wanna go ride the overpopulated Tog.

slickwilly08 11-13-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtylilWolfess (Post 122706)
One of these days...years...I kinda wanna go ride the overpopulated Tog.

I can't wait to go to Tog. Trip has been booked for March.

DirtylilWolfess 11-13-2012 10:40 PM

Is skidmark taken?

slickwilly08 11-14-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtylilWolfess (Post 122712)
Is skidmark taken?

I think my dad is going to keep it for awhile.

cuzzinolaf 11-14-2012 07:40 PM

I plan to be up around that time Rich. Todd is out, Jay is up in the air, Andy (along with the Daves - probably) is out, and Mitch is in on the apartment this year. Lets go!

Dirty_Harry 11-14-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuzzinolaf (Post 122720)
I plan to be up around that time Rich. Todd is out, Jay is up in the air, Andy (along with the Daves - probably) is out, and Mitch is in on the apartment this year. Lets go!

Sounds like someone needs a ride LMFAO. :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

M8Stealth 11-15-2012 07:22 AM

My dad, Rick, Darrell-Deb and I will be in Rockland that week..

Looking forward to getting my new to me sled on the snow for the first time.

Gotmud 11-15-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuzzinolaf (Post 122720)

Yoop is kinda last on my list of places to go that week lol. This would be the only trip this year where the shop is closed and I can ride with no worries. Therefor I plan to go west. I do realize that snow may be marginal, but I'm sure it would be just as bad if not more marginal in the Yoop. You should man up Keith, Snowies.:bitchdrama:

cuzzinolaf 11-15-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry (Post 122722)
Sounds like someone needs a ride LMFAO. :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

Ride? Why would I need a ride when I can drive myself up? Geeeez, does she not let you drive anymore either?

cuzzinolaf 11-15-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmud (Post 122725)
Yoop is kinda last on my list of places to go that week lol. This would be the only trip this year where the shop is closed and I can ride with no worries. Therefor I plan to go west. I do realize that snow may be marginal, but I'm sure it would be just as bad if not more marginal in the Yoop. You should man up Keith, Snowies.:bitchdrama:

Depending on snow conditions I might consider. It would be more of a last minute decision if I do go. I'm headed to Tog the first week of March and might do the Snowies in April.

Ratstang 11-15-2012 10:02 PM

I say we go with Andy!

On the fence about this. You know somewhere out west will have good snow...but would like to go north to get the sled up there and save west riding for march. If it's a slow start up there then go west young man. Unsure what up north snow depth parameters to set for going west. Mud I would like to say for sure yes to going west, but not just yet. If someone else gives a for sure then I will to. All clear to go the dates you mentioned. Maybe pick up Wolfy and go to the Big Horns with Flatty.

DirtylilWolfess 11-16-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratstang (Post 122737)
I say we go with Andy!

On the fence about this. You know somewhere out west will have good snow...but would like to go north to get the sled up there and save west riding for march. If it's a slow start up there then go west young man. Unsure what up north snow depth parameters to set for going west. Mud I would like to say for sure yes to going west, but not just yet. If someone else gives a for sure then I will to. All clear to go the dates you mentioned. Maybe pick up Wolfy and go to the Big Horns with Flatty.

If there's a mountain sled to ride without the insurance/1000 dollars a week fee, there's a chance someone could make some good cash on me.

Secondary thought is that we should make a slednutz trip calculator...where you enter in the amount you have to spend, and it spits out a list of places you can afford to ride...this based upon people who have gone there and ridden and have kept track of what they spent...

Gotmud 11-16-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratstang (Post 122737)
Maybe pick up Wolfy and go to the Big Horns with Flatty.

Now that is actually a stellar idear. I'd bet Rubi and Gerbs would even be down for that! Oh wait maybe not lol, I remember Rubi saying something about family and obligations for the holidays when we talked lol.:bitchdrama:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtylilWolfess (Post 122777)
If there's a mountain sled to ride without the insurance/1000 dollars a week fee, there's a chance someone could make some good cash on me.

WOW, where to I go with that? :idiot: On a serious note lol, I do have a backup sled.:thumbss:

DirtylilWolfess 11-16-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmud (Post 122780)
Now that is actually a stellar idear. I'd bet Rubi and Gerbs would even be down for that! Oh wait maybe not lol, I remember Rubi saying something about family and obligations for the holidays when we talked lol.:bitchdrama:

WOW, where to I go with that? :idiot: On a serious note lol, I do have a backup sled.:thumbss:

Wow...I did not remember writing the last half of that sentence...

Gotmud 11-16-2012 02:02 PM

Too late to backpeddle, there is a line forming and I'm going to cash in lol. I picked up a 2000 RMK for a backup, so I was serious about having a backup/loner.:thumbss:

DirtylilWolfess 11-16-2012 10:09 PM

Well Y'know. I've been banned from drinking SoCo Lime by Northern Faction...so I switched to Windsor spiced. :poosy:

If conditions are right, I will pay my costs of travel, keep, oil/fuel MINUS blowjobs. :sexyt:

Gotmud 11-17-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtylilWolfess (Post 122788)
If conditions are right, I will pay my costs of travel, keep, oil/fuel MINUS blowjobs. :sexyt:

:leghump:Why do you always have to throw the blowjob in there?:leghump::poosy:

Dont think the Woflsled could handle it out west? I know you rode Rubi's shorty in Driggs?:poke:

DirtylilWolfess 11-17-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmud (Post 122790)
:leghump:Why do you always have to throw the blowjob in there?:leghump::poosy:

Because it's inappropriate. :bitchdrama:

Quote:

Dont think the Woflsled could handle it out west? I know you rode Rubi's shorty in Driggs?:poke:
I was on the Boonditcher Pro in fairly shallow spring snow. On that day, I think the Wolfsled would've kept up if I clutched and jetted accordingly. Or maybe I'm being seriously naive.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure the powervalved 600 has quite a bit over my Fuji 488. If there's any amount of snow at all, the poor thing would be sucking pretty hard to keep it's skis on top of the snow.

Rubi 11-17-2012 07:45 PM

The Boonditcher Pro is modded out and tuned for ultra-aggressive riding. It has a little more HP than the most powerful stock M8... somewhere around 169 HP I think. So yeah, it has about 100 more HP than a Fuji 500.

Dirty_Harry 11-17-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi (Post 122796)
The Boonditcher Pro is modded out and tuned for ultra-aggressive riding. It has a little more HP than the most powerful stock M8... somewhere around 169 HP I think. So yeah, it has about 100 more HP than a Fuji 500.

Are you serious? :pics4:

Rubi 11-17-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmud (Post 122780)
Now that is actually a stellar idear. I'd bet Rubi and Gerbs would even be down for that! Oh wait maybe not lol, I remember Rubi saying something about family and obligations for the holidays when we talked

I'll probably be done with any family stuff by Christmas Day, or the Saturday after Christmas if it falls midweek. I usually shy away from trips on the Holiday Week because of high traffic and very high lodging rates. If something economical with good riding conditions is available, I'll probably be down with a trip.