SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   General Sled Banter (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   A new sled for Baller? (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=8442)

Rubi 03-05-2015 01:53 PM

A new sled for Baller?

Gerbil's relentless sled shopping has unearthed a deal that even that giant pussy, Baller, can't refuse. The sled went from a really good deal, to a retardedly good deal yesterday, and Baller seems on board with the scheme.

I don't know if it's documented on Nutz, but Baller has always been a fan of the oft-maligned Polaris 900. I don't know his motivation, but it seems like he wants to acquire a true handful just to prove all the internet naysayers wrong. I can't really think of any other reason, because a 166" 900 is a lumbering beast of a sled. 160 HP with 166" of track should be an unstoppable climbing force though. The word flickable will never be uttered in the same sentence as Polaris 900, but straightline juggernaut would be accurate. Baller isn't too fond of cross-sloping or turning anyway, so this should be right up his alley.

I guess if I could get a 900 RMK for about the same price as a '99 XC 500, I'd probably be stoked too. Now all we need is for the seller to call us back. The pickup is rarin' to go on a sledbuying mission.

FrankieJames7 03-05-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubi (Post 132288)
Gerbil's relentless sled shopping has unearthed a deal that even that giant pussy, Baller, can't refuse. The sled went from a really good deal, to a retardedly good deal yesterday, and Baller seems on board with the scheme.

I don't know if it's documented on Nutz, but Baller has always been a fan of the oft-maligned Polaris 900. I don't know his motivation, but it seems like he wants to acquire a true handful just to prove all the internet naysayers wrong. I can't really think of any other reason, because a 166" 900 is a lumbering beast of a sled. 160 HP with 166" of track should be an unstoppable climbing force though. The word flickable will never be uttered in the same sentence as Polaris 900, but straightline juggernaut would be accurate. Baller isn't too fond of cross-sloping or turning anyway, so this should be right up his alley.

I guess if I could get a 900 RMK for about the same price as a '99 XC 500, I'd probably be stoked too. Now all we need is for the seller to call us back. The pickup is rarin' to go on a sledbuying mission.

the 900 cant be super heavy, probably lighter than 800 etec engines, and the iq chassis is certainly configurable to something not just a straight line juggernaut.

lol i wouldnt want to be the guy to try to pull that off though.

Powersledder 03-06-2015 10:09 AM

Make sure to pick up an XL sized shovel and a winch with the deal! That thing would be one heavy beast.

Aside from from the herniated discs resulting from digging that sled out, it really could be a hill climbing monster if set up right. Go Get it :mr:

Rubi 03-30-2015 09:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 11788

Attachment 11789

Attachment 11790

Baller and the 900 still aren't completely in synch.

Powersledder 03-31-2015 10:05 AM

That handful is merely displaying its state of dismay for the current snow conditions. Obviously a sled that epically proportioned needs deep, untouched power to show its true nature.