SledNutZ

SledNutZ (http://www.slednutz.com/index.php)
-   Dirt Bikes (http://www.slednutz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Mx 2015 (http://www.slednutz.com/showthread.php?t=8451)

DirtylilWolfess 05-19-2015 12:14 PM

Mx 2015

First race was a few weeks ago. Sandy track was dry as hell and beat to nothing by the end of hot laps. One of the pro Ndma women showed up, and despite it being the first time I'd ridden all year, I stayed on her tail for half the race. She doesn't do as well in sand and slippery conditions. Pulled a second place.

450c was kinda insane. I got the holeshot by a good ten feet in both motos, but took the slow line to avoid serious carnage through the first jump section. Two other riders crashed out in the 2nd Moto, and one other hashed his transmission, so I came home with a respectable 3rd place.

I was confronted for having a mod bike by 4 of them, because of my wicked holeshot skills that day. The only real advantage was my lowering link teehee! All suspension aside, I am at a 199cc disadvantage! A few other (biggest guys I am on friendly terms with) riders stepped in on the situation and told them what was going on, and sent them on their way to go lick their wounded sandy ballsacks.

It was a pretty good day!

OCR 05-19-2015 12:45 PM

Where's the pics?

DirtylilWolfess 05-19-2015 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No pics from the first race. I can't cheat the Facebook links anymore now that my computer is gone. There are a couple good ones from this past weekend, I'm trying to figure out how to get them on the site.

OCR 05-20-2015 04:28 AM

You'll have to download them from FB first now.

DirtylilWolfess 05-20-2015 08:11 PM

I did that. Only one attachment allowed per post?

OCR 05-20-2015 09:20 PM

Well that sucks!

Powersledder 05-22-2015 09:06 AM

you can upload to a site like photobucket and link them to here.

DirtylilWolfess 06-02-2015 06:06 PM

Screw buckets of all kinds. Second race came around and the Canadian pro ladies came down, and the South Dakota pro came up. The chick that usually poses as a racer and doesn't try to race (despite lots of saddle time and some hidden talent) finally decided to go fast. She got me on the inside off the start of the first Moto. I'll admit to giving up the line quite freely when her front fender decided kept brushing my thigh. Then it became a wicked chase. I got tired within the first lap, and let off a little to avoid dumping my machine on my side, and started watching which lines she was taking. Soon she started hitting all the easy outside lines, and I noticed her suspension was causing her to mess up over jumps, and especially through the whoops. She also had this funny tendency to look over her shoulder to see where I was. Every time She did, she also let off the throttle. I closed the gap through the whoops and put some pressure on, hoping she'd get nervous and stall it in a corner. In the last corner, I messed up and hit neutral and lost all the space I'd made up, but held it to the balls anyways. I should've made a clean pass, but we were side by side over the next couple jumps. I got sideways over the 2nd to last one (lol too much throttle!) but at the base of the finish line, she hesitated to look back at me.

I kept it pinned, said some prayers about the impending 30' jump face, and swore out of complete terror, knowing I was about to send myself into a good 70' flight pattern.

I beat her by a whopping 4-6 inches, and touched down 75 feet later with no carnage for a well earned 3rd place.

She killed it starting out on the 2nd Moto, so I didn't have to work for it.

OCR 06-03-2015 04:23 AM

And you had fun doing it too!

DirtylilWolfess 06-07-2015 01:49 AM

Third race (Sunday) had the Canadian pros headed home, which left me with only one other person of serious competition. 450c and women's class had only one race between them, and it started to rain pretty hard a few races before I was up. Since the track was super sandy, I had no worries since conditions were only going to improve with the additional watering.

Boy was I wrong! The skies let loose such an incredible downpour that I could hardly see where to go! Pretty sure it rained close to an inch in 25 minutes! Things started to get quite squirrelly on the last lap, and there was water standing on the track everywhere! I couldn't see any lines or ruts or the random deep holes that were rapidly developing.

I pulled back into the gates for the women's first Moto immediately after getting off the track from 450c. My goggles fogged up completely, which made the start quite interesting. I couldn't get my goggles off in time for the first corner, but felt braking bumps and figured it was about time to turn when the other rider made a push for the inside line.

Her front fender and forks slammed into my knee, so I had to let her take the good line to avoid wrecking both of us. She was prettymuch out of control the whole race, so I stayed close and yelled random things at her in an attempt to aid the imminent crash, or at least get her to try look back at me. Impressively enough, she didn't crash, and didn't look back at me.

Finally, with two turns left through the last lap, she took an outside corner. I threw caution to the wind and took the inside line, which was under water, but gained me enough distance that we were side by side through the whoops, where I made the pass for 1st.

I was set up perfectly for the faster line into the last set of jumps before the checkered flag, and I had a comfy few yards gap when I reached the flag stand. She was kinda bitter when I told her "well done" in the pits afterward. "Well, you sure took your time to make that pass!"

DirtylilWolfess 06-07-2015 01:52 AM

They called off the 2nd set of motos when the rain kept pouring too hard for the flaggers to see the riders. The results were based on the first Moto finish, so I took home the first place trophy!

DirtylilWolfess 06-26-2015 02:54 PM

Next race was mud mountain. Only one other woman rider there and I won the class by a long shot. They ran three classes at the same time due to low numbers, and some little hotshot on a 65 was doing his best to beat me. I was pretty impressed with how fast he was, but the 18" deep mud kept eating his bike.

I got the holeshot in 450C, but since it was a bigger group of unfamiliar riders, I let them by in the first corner excepting one or two of them to be totally out of control. The first place guy left us in the dust, but I caught up to the pack and put heavy pressure on 2nd place and nearly got him on the last lap...and then promptly hit neutral in the whoops and the guy behind me got past. The 2nd Moto was so muddy that I didn't even try go fast or do any jumps. I barely hung on to 4th place, but was stoked about how well I did in the mud. It was actually fun despite being scary. Every down hill section was an uncontrolled slide. Prettymuch everyone just stuck out their feet and the bikes went wherever they wanted, and everyone slid completely off the end of the track before we could make the 180 turn and go back up the hill. It was hilarious!

DirtylilWolfess 06-26-2015 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next race was Finley ND, and I forgot to text flatlander that it was race day, so he didn't show up. Totally my fault.

450c was the most badass race I've ever raced! It was hard pack and no water, which made things super slippery on the corners. I got two massive holeshots in that class, and led the first Moto for an entire lap. Never done that before :) I got second place in the first Moto after one of the out of control riders got close and kept hitting me. It wasn't worth the broken bike or bones, so I finally let him by so we wouldn't get wrecked by his stupidity.

Second Moto came around and the crazy guy crashed so I found myself in the lead again. I could tell 2nd place was waiting for me to get tired, and I figured that he would make his move on the last lap. He decided to go for it as we came up to a small triple. I felt his fender just glance off of my leg, but he didn't get past me. In fact I couldn't figure out where the hell he went. One second he was pushing me off the track, and the next, I was taking the checkered flag with no one in sight.

I won 450c on my little 251. Pretty damn stoked!

DirtylilWolfess 06-26-2015 03:15 PM

Edit: See picture full sized for demonstration of ultimate leg swag. I have to do that to keep things tracking straight. I never knew how hilarious it looked!!

Powersledder 06-30-2015 09:05 AM

Kinda looks like you're trying to ride side-sattle but lost a leg.