View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010
rock2324
2005 700 XCSP,2008 700 Dragon Switchback
rock2324's Info

Default Possible 12" of white gold

Winter storm targets Twin Cities; as much as 12" possible?
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for Saturday, with the "axis of heaviest snow" running through the Twin Cities.

The season's first winter storm could drop as much as 12 inches of snow across the Twin Cities area on Saturday, forecasters said Friday.

The Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for Saturday for much of southern Minnesota -- from Worthington in the southwest up through the Twin Cities area and into northwestern Wisconsin.

The watch area could see 5 to 8 inches of snow, the Weather Service said, with the "axis of heaviest snow" running right through the Twin Cities. But that could change depending on the storm track.

Meteorologist Paul Douglas said Friday afternoon that the latest computer models showed 8 to 12 inches of snow falling across much of the metro area on Saturday. He said the rain-snow boundary was likely to be right over St. Paul, meaning higher snow amounts in the west metro and less to the east.

For Friday, the Twin Cities area is likely to see just rain later in the day, with a high of 42 degrees. The rain will turn to snow overnight, with a low of about 33. For Saturday, the forecast is for snow with a high of 37.

then I'll be busy fingering myself on Saturday with my in-tact fingers, thank you.