View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011
Rubi
Boonditcher
Rubi's Info

Default FOR SALE: Polaris VES 600 motor

The motor is from a 2003 Pro-X. I bought it blown up last winter because I needed some parts. Turned out I didn't need the parts so I'm rebuilding and selling the motor. I had the crank checked for true and phase, and the bearings were inspected. I got remanufactured cylinders, new SPI pistons, and a Winderosa gasket/seal kit. I got the motor half done today, so it will be all ready in a day or two depending on how long I struggle getting the recoil spring rewound.

Eckhoff's machine shop in New London, MN checked the crank and supplied the top end parts. My receipt is for $670. I'd like to get $1,070 for the motor. I think that's more than fair because many used VES 600's without a new top end are going for $900 to $1200 on eBay and Craigslist.

I won't ship the motor, but I could do some driving in Minnesota if someone wants it here. Also I could deliver it anywhere on I-94 between MN and Billings Montana, and from Billings to Bozeman to West Yellowstone to the Rexburg/ Idaho Falls area in Idaho.

I just need to get a gasket for the waterpump cover, install the oil pump, and pick up a few bolts for the reedcages that got lost. Other than that, it's ready to go.

PM me for details. I'm on this site most days.