slednutz tech lounge
 

Go Back   SledNutZ > On the Snow... > Polaris > Polaris General Discussion
Ibreakstuff Says: Time to start the snow dance!
Register FAQSled Chat Members List Casino Media Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Statistics

SledNutZ Quick Info
Friends of SledNutZ: JohnDee
GreenHulk.net PWC forums
Great Lakes Jeep Thing
Team Belly Pan Sled Forums
PEPPERMILL RENTALS IN THE YOOP! There's no where better to stay in the Rockland/Mass area!
Web hosting by Floogy

2009 Polaris 800 IQ Demo ride.

Polaris General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-03-2008
PolarisRich's Avatar
PolarisRich
Resident Canadian
PolarisRich's Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belle River, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,402
Send a message via MSN to PolarisRich
Default 2009 Polaris 800 IQ Demo ride.

Have you guys seen this video yet? or Am I just behind the times!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2008
RipnChick's Avatar
RipnChick
Ugly Betty
RipnChick's Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ADK-CNY
Posts: 2,594
Default

Not only have I seen the video, I know personally and have I've seen the legend in person. LOL

Thats Jamie Russel, of Don's Polaris in Old Forge.

He was out with Steve, owner of christy's Motel that day.

Although we didn't see him on those runs, we ran into them both later that same day at the Norrigewok in Beaver River, and that was all the talk.

It's somewhat of a "controversial" video on a lot of sled sites, because people like to bicker that that "fat guy" could pull the ski's on any sled, so they poo-poo it.

How do ya explain the spedo recall then?
__________________
Think for yourself.....................Question authority.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-2008
the_hog
800 Triple
the_hog's Info
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NFB
Posts: 1,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipnChick View Post
How do ya explain the spedo recall then?
A prototype sled with a hot ECU, thats how.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-03-2008
cuzzinolaf's Avatar
cuzzinolaf
Hero of the Stupid
cuzzinolaf's Info
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ILannoy
Posts: 10,255
Send a message via AIM to cuzzinolaf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipnChick View Post
Not only have I seen the video, I know personally and have I've seen the legend in person. LOL

Thats Jamie Russel, of Don's Polaris in Old Forge.

He was out with Steve, owner of christy's Motel that day.

Although we didn't see him on those runs, we ran into them both later that same day at the Norrigewok in Beaver River, and that was all the talk.

It's somewhat of a "controversial" video on a lot of sled sites, because people like to bicker that that "fat guy" could pull the ski's on any sled, so they poo-poo it.

How do ya explain the spedo recall then?
How far are you from Old Forge? I have a friend who has a winter house there. I went to the Snodeo back in 2003/2004.
__________________
MASM Member #1

I love squatches!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-03-2008
RipnChick's Avatar
RipnChick
Ugly Betty
RipnChick's Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ADK-CNY
Posts: 2,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hog View Post
A prototype sled with a hot ECU, thats how.
That's exactly what I told my husband.
LOL, funny this topic came up today, my husband and I were "bickering" about it last night. As I stated the previous controversy.
There was some sort of "top secret" sticker on the sled that day, I can't remember if it's in the vid or not, but yes, a prototype sled.
What will happen next is Poo will de-tune the shit out of production models.

Then theres the whole HP argument that's been slung around for months, another story..............


Olaf, I'm 30 miles south of Old Forge. My husband was born and raised there, his whole family is still up there.
My parents live there as well, for the past 15 years, L.I. transplants. LOL, but we've been riding OF since well before then.

If you ever get the chance to stay at your buddy's house, give me a holla, even though you don't like "trail" riding anymore, we can show you a good time riding!
__________________
Think for yourself.....................Question authority.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-2008
Gotmud's Avatar
Gotmud
Poo Slinger
Gotmud's Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bloomingdale, Mi.
Posts: 9,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzinolaf View Post
How far are you from Old Forge? I have a friend who has a winter house there. I went to the Snodeo back in 2003/2004.
WTF is this shit, slant eye is hosting a slednutz Old Forge ride?
__________________
Rich
"Do not go where the path may LEAD, go instead where there is no path and leave a TRAIL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi View Post
Nobody on this site likes Ski Doo except Dirty Harry, and he's better at making babies than buying or fixing sleds, so you don't want to listen to him.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2008
cuzzinolaf's Avatar
cuzzinolaf
Hero of the Stupid
cuzzinolaf's Info
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ILannoy
Posts: 10,255
Send a message via AIM to cuzzinolaf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmud View Post
WTF is this shit, slant eye is hosting a slednutz Old Forge ride?
Ha, I have two friends with houses up there and have been invited. It is just such a long haul to bring sleds.... and I dunno how the mountain sled would do upstate. If I have the Viper I could.
__________________
MASM Member #1

I love squatches!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-03-2008
RipnChick's Avatar
RipnChick
Ugly Betty
RipnChick's Info
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ADK-CNY
Posts: 2,594
Default

Just show up and get a rental.

Shit, I may still have Ugly Betty around for ya to ride. LOL
Or we could put you on the '99 XC7. haha.

We know the guy who owns the rental place in OF too, I'm sure my husband could hook you up with a decent (aka, not a roach) sled at a good price.

Nutz in OF would be .......well. NUTZ! LOL
__________________
Think for yourself.....................Question authority.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-03-2008
cuzzinolaf's Avatar
cuzzinolaf
Hero of the Stupid
cuzzinolaf's Info
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ILannoy
Posts: 10,255
Send a message via AIM to cuzzinolaf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipnChick View Post
Just show up and get a rental.

Shit, I may still have Ugly Betty around for ya to ride. LOL
Or we could put you on the '99 XC7. haha.

We know the guy who owns the rental place in OF too, I'm sure my husband could hook you up with a decent (aka, not a roach) sled at a good price.

Nutz in OF would be .......well. NUTZ! LOL
My buddy who has a house there has extra sleds too... I could always borrow one of his I guess. His pop has some old and mint retros I'd love to play with. I remember the Harley sled with the trailer that was BEAUTIFUL. Of course when I showed up that year for the Snodeo all of the snow had melted and we couldn't ride. The day we left you bastards got 50 something inches of snow in 2 days.
__________________
MASM Member #1

I love squatches!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 Slednutz.com