make a porting template
so i took carin craft shopping, she hates to go but she was a trooper while i look for new candles and other fun stuff. while at the craft store i seen a couple sheet magnents, they are like 4" wide by 8" long. $2.99 each, they work good since they are flexible and magnetic.
so you have done research and found out how much you need to port on your cylinder. with these magnents it becomes easy to make a good pattern and do all the cylinders the same.
1. roll the magnent up and put it into the cylinder and unroll it.
2. use a straight edge across the top of the cylinder to flush the magnent with the cylinder.
3. with a fine pen or whatever you have to use scribe the shape of the exhaust port onto the magnent.
4. then simply draw another line the amount you want to cut the exhaust port based on the line you drew.
5. use some marker or machinist die and color a rim around the exhaust port.
6. put the template back into the cylinder, then trace your pattern into the blueing, remove template and cut away!!!
if you need to make one for the intake transfer ports you can do it by measureing down from the top of the cylinder to the top of the ports and bottom of the ports, then mark in your width, with it drawn on the back of the magnent simply cut it out to the new size you want and same as before, blue the cylinder, put in the sheet and scribe out the new shape of the port.
hope this makes sense?
If the boner police are here I need a lawyer.
in a time of deciet telling the truth is a revolutionary act. george orwell.
aint no body ripin like me. M to the a-d-c-o-w. rock it hard for my fly ladies. I rock it yes in deed
. homies still roll with me. money dont change me
nothing goes like 3 holes.
high performance engineering